Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

M.S Software Systems BITS


   I start writing my post bit early today, compare to previous posts.  It is really good, for me at least. Few days back I applied for MS in BITS pilani. Now I offered for admission. Probably the course will start in the mid week of December. I think it is a chance to improve my technical skills, core concepts.

    Many of my friends helped me. I would like to thank all, Especially my mentor, colleague.  Its bit complex to read book, write exams. Although I have to do.  There is no success without pain. First I planned to study M.B.A and then P.H.D. But then I chose M.S. I think studying M.S in BITS pilani is much better than M.B.A in Anna University.

  I also have an idea to study M.B.A in people management after M.S. If time permits, I love to do that. Basically I hate to read books. Recent days I am giving more importance to communication instead of technical. I need to concentrate my technical skills. I will do that.

  I plan to learn JAVA, Data structure and to update Erlang, C#, Flex, Ruby, Rails, Nitrogen, Sinatra, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Sqoob, Thrift etc. My friend gave me few key points to get open source identity. I will share this to you also. Stack over flow, Technical Blogs, etc. These were the best places.

  When I start my carrier in ruby. I spent most of the time to solve ruby problem. Few sites were helped me to achieve that.
 
 1. http://ruby-challenge.rubylearning.org/
 2. http://www.rubyquiz.com/
 3. some google group, etc.

 I studied specifically about Electrical, Electronics, Bi logy, Physics, Communications in academic but not software, finance. So, I am going to study M.B.A Finance and people management after  M.S. Oh !! I spent to much time today. I wind up here.

Start Time - 12:06 AM.
End Time - 12 :50 AM

6 comments:

  1. Few errors and suggestions follow.

    WRONG - "I start writing my post bit early today, compare to previous posts"
    BETTER - "I started writing my article earlier than I usually do"


    WRONG - "It is really good, for me at least."
    What are you trying to mean in the above line. If you feel it is good to write posts early in time than writing them very late, it is advised you say
    "This is a healthy choice than staying awake late at nights"

    ReplyDelete
  2. WRONG - "Now I offered for admission"
    BETTER - "I was offered a seat" or "I got an admit"

    WRONG - "I need to concentrate my technical skills"
    BETTER - "I need to concentrate on my technical skills"

    WRONG - "Stack over flow, Technical Blogs, etc. These were the best places."
    You should not use the word "were". Writing blogs and stackoverflow should not be put in the past. If you use the word "were", you are meaning past tense.
    BETTER - "SOF, writing technical blogs are the best places"

    ReplyDelete
  3. WRONG - "When I start my carrier in ruby. I spent most of the time to solve ruby problem."
    BETTER - "When I started my career in ruby, I spent most of my time solving problems in ruby"
    Observe the spelling for word "career". "Carrier" means tiffin carrier or signal carrier etc.,

    ReplyDelete
  4. WRONG - "Oh !! I spent to much time today."
    Look at the spelling of "to". It is "too"

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Few sites were helped me to achieve that." should be "Few sites helped me to achieve that."

    Remember the difference between active and passive voice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Braga, Vinoth,

    Yes, this time I confused myself more than usually I do. I did the above mistakes in my earlier blog post itself. Will try to avoid these mistakes in future posts.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete